If you are traveling with your pet, please contact the airline directly for detailed information.
Here are some general guidelines:
- Traveling with a pet, other than a guide dog, requires special handling by the airline.
- Pets in the Cabin are limited by size and the number allowed on each flight.
- Another alternative, your pet may travel in the baggage compartment on your flight. However, each airline has certain restrictions, depending on the anticipated temperature in the baggage compartment.
- Fees apply to transport the pet in the cabin and cargo areas.
- Health certificates are required by all shippers of pets Check with your Veterinary for details.
Many airlines restrict certain breeds, such as pug-nosed dogs (pugs, Pekingese, boxers) and cats (Persians) that might find it especially difficult to breathe at high altitudes. Be sure to ask the airline.